|KOVAKKAI | TINDORA (CHOPPED)||1 CUP|
|RED CHILLIS||4 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1 TSP|
|TAMARIND||A SMALL GOOSE BERRY SIZE|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A HANDFUL|
- In a pan add 1 tsp oil, and throw in the curry leaves, Garlic, channa dal, urad dal, red chili, tamarind and when the dals turn golden brown add the cumin seeds and put off the flame and allow this to cool.
- In the pan, add the kovakkai and cook it covered in a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- When this cools down, grind it in a mixer along with the roasted dal mix.
- Add coconut while grinding.
- When 3/4 th is done,
- add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves and grind coarsely.
- Add a little of water while grinding.
- If you want just temper with mustard seeds at the last before serving.
- Enjoy with hot rice smeared with oil.
- This can be had with dosa or chapathis too.
- I loved this one with breads too as a spread.