Mysore Rasam was introduced to me by my sister and when we were talking she orally told me the method of making this rasam . I tried this and we all enjoyed the flavor of fresh masala in the rasam. Over to the recipe of how to make mysore rasam.
|COOKED TOOR DAL||2 TBLSP|
|THIN TAMARIND EXTRACT||3/4 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
TO ROAST AND GRIND:
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1 TBLSP|
|CHANNA DAL||2 TSP|
|RED CHILLI||1 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|GRATED COCONUT||2 TBLSP|
- Dry roast the ingredients in the above table except coconut and grind this into a fine paste along with coconut.
- Puree the tomato and transfer it a vessel.
- Add the tamarind extract, salt, sambar powder, asafoetida, turmeic powder and boil this for 7-9 minutes in medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Add 2 cups of water to the cooked dal and add in the ground paste to this and mix well.
- Transfer this to the boiling tamarind and tomato mixture.
- When it froths up switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Temper mustard seeds in ghee and add to the rasam.
- A tsp of jaggery can be added at the end.