I simply made with this according to my taste and you make any variation to this recipe.
|BASMATHI RICE||1/2 CUP|
|FINELY CHOPPED CABBAGE||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|CASHEW NUTS||1 TSP(OPTIONAL)|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes and pressure cook for 2 whistles by adding 3/4 cup of water and little salt and few drops of oil.
- Wash and cut the cabbage finely. Chop the onions and capsicum finely.
- In a kadai, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds , urad dal, cashew nuts, peanuts(if using) and mint leaves, curry leaves.
- Add the onions and saute till they become crunchy.
- Now add in the chopped cabbage and capsicum and saute for a minute by adding the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Check for salt.
- Mix this with the cooked rice without mashing the rice.
- Since i forgot to add peanuts i roasted it in the last and added to the rice.
- Pack for lunch box along with any raitha.
- You can add green chilli instead of red chilli powder.
- You can add cumin seeds while doing the seasoning.
- Garam masala can be replaced with pav bhaji masala.