Beetroot Pulao is a easy and perfect lunch box recipe. My kids generally love to eat beet root. I usually make Beetroot poriyal. For a change just tried beetroot pulao. I added some green peas and frozen corn too. We had this for a week day lunch. As the kids have holidays now, i just went out with them and after we came home i made this easy and simple pulao. It was a super hit at my house and on kids request i made this again. I too clicked the pictures on that day. Do try this for the lunch box and i am sure kids and even adults will love this beetroot pulao a lot.
- Wash the rice and soak in 1 and 1/2 cup of water for 15 mins. Cut the beetroot into small cubes.
- Chop the onions and tomato roughly. Peel the skin of the garlic.
- In a pan add little oil and add in the cubed onions and tomatoes and garlic.
- Saute till the become nice golden brown. Add the mint leaves and coriander leaves to this and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- Grind this into a smooth paste. Since it has tomatoes no need to add water.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and add in the ground paste.
- Saute well for few minutes in a low flame. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the beetroot , corn and peas(if adding) and saute well. Add salt to this.
- Add the rice which we soaked. Do not discard the water. Saute this in a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 and 1/2 water to this and cover the lid of the cooker. Let 1 whistle come. Simmer the flame and let be in low flame for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice once the pressure is released.
- Beetroot pulao is ready to serve. Onion raita is the best combo for this pulao.