Last week i have 2 packets of cauliflower which was passed to me by my friend , who was leaving for a holiday and I washed them and grated and planned to make Gobi paratha for kids lunch box the next day morning. But when my little one who is a very picky eater wanted to have chapati and side dish. As the next day is the was the first day of the school after the holidays i don’t want to disappoint him and was searching for a recipe with the grated cauliflower and came across an interesting recipe here. This turned out super yum and both the kids loved this.
|GRATED CAULIFLOWER||2 CUPS|
|GREEN PEAS||1/4 CUP( FROZEN)|
|TOMATO PUREE or TOMATOES 2 NO.||3 TBLSP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/2 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
- In a pan add little oil and saute the grated cauliflower till it becomes slight golden brown.
- Keep it aside. Chop the onions finely.
- In a pan, add oil and add the chopped onions.
- When it becomes pink in color add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes and the onions become golden brown . Keep the flame medium.
- Add the tomato puree ( if using tomatoes just blanch them and make a puree) and mix well.
- Add the frozen peas.
- I usually keep the peas outside for 5 minutes to bring it down to room temperature.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and garam masala.
- Now add cauliflower and mix well.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.