My mom usually add soy chunks in vegetable biryani, but after marriage i have never tasted or cooked soy chunks| meal maker even in restaurants too. When i saw this in the nearby Indian grocery store I bought a pack of soya chunks to try out any recipe with soya chunks recipe. Soon I will post some variety of recipes with soya chunks in my space.
Recipe Source: Red Chillies.
Recipe Source: Red Chillies.
I modified the recipe slightly to suit my taste and it tasted very nice. We had it with rotis.
|SOYA CHUNKS| MEAL MAKER||1 CUP|
|SOY SAUCE||1 TBSLP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Boil the water and add the soya chunks, milk and add salt to this.
- Adding milk to this will suppress the smell of soya chunks.
- Let this boil for 12-15 minutes.
- After that keep it closed for 10 minutes.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Chop the onions finely and capsicum into cubes.
- Add oil in a pan, and add the garlic pieces.
- Add in the onions and saute for 4- 5 minutes in a medium flame.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the soya chunks and squeeze out the excess water from the soya chunks.
- When the onions turn pink, add the red chilli powder, salt and soya sauce.
- Add the capsicum and saute for sometime in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add the soya chunks and mix well.
- Add the coriander leaves and saute well.
- Serve hot with Vegetable Fried rice or rotis.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added instead of garlic.
- Pepper powder can be added to enhance the flavor.
- A tsp of tomato ketchup can be added.
we get soy chunks in market…i mean how it looks like….plz explain…will try this…i have heard this name…but never noticed in market…
this recipe looks good.
hi renu, the one you see on the pic(background) is soya chunks and in India it is popularly know as meal maker too. You can get this in any super markets or grocery store.
Soya chunks is my hubbys all time fav, he will enjoy in any form , soon will try for him. Looking very simple and delicious Jeya…
Quick n easy ….looks gud
nice recipe..looks gr8
Same pinch,even i posted a stir fry with soya granules, soya chilli with those red capsi looks attractive and flavourful.
wow….super yummy recipe with soya chunks…………
Very nutritious.. and they are easily available everywhere.
I too have not used much of soya chunks in my kitchen…but this surely looks tempting. Healthy too
hmmm…looks simple sipcy and delicious…
Nice way to cook soya, sounds delicious,nice clicks
this looks so yumm and spicy. love it
Yummy idea, great with some fried rice..
superb dish…love to try it soon
Super Yummy Recipes
Sounds new to me…nice recipe
good one & so healthy..My husband loves these!
i love the soya chunks and this looks so yummy 🙂
Healthy n interesting soy recipe,yummy!
Join me in the ONGOING EVENTS-"Ginger & Pepper Corns/powder(EP Series-May) ,
Show me Your HITS 'Iron Rich Foods'
Ever since my daughter developed an allergy for soya, the item is no longer available in the pantry. Nice recipe and protein packed too.
lovely recipe… i make it often too…
yummy protein packed….
sinple and nice..healthy one..
Great recipe !! wonderful one !!
Good way to use the soya chunks. Lovely recipe and Nice clicks too !!
Good one.Love this !
simple and delicious recipe, perfect for roti's 🙂
Yummy recipe, perfectly done.
Soya chunks is my all time fav..looks yumm 🙂
I LOVE soya chunks… that looks really yummy.
Love this a lot. My mom makes this but a different way..
wow delicious recipe,i love soya…will try this:)
I am carving for some chilli meal maker now…Healthy indeed..
making it this weekend..looks so delicious..;)
Nice! Simple and looks yummy!
Thanks for trying this and letting me know Jeyashri. This looks so good!
tried ur panner basundhi. great recepie thk u