Thool pakoda | Onion Pakoda is a popular snack, though I make it rarely at home, everyone loves it. I personally love to have this with curd rice though it is a tea time snack. I think most of you will love this curd rice and onion pakoda combo too.
|BESAN | KADALAI MAAVU||1/2 CUP|
|RICE FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|BUTTER| GHEE||1 TSP|
|COOKING SODA||A PINCH|
|GRATED GINGER||1/2 TSP|
|GREN CHILLI||1 NO.|
|CURRY LEAVES AND CORINADER LEAVES||FEW|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY|
- Thinly slice the onions.
- In a wide bowl, add the rice flour and besan(gram flour) .
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the green chilly .
- Add salt, sliced onions,grated ginger, crushed green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves( i didn’t add) and ghee|butter .
- Mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- The water must have oozed out from the onion and normally that moisture is enough to bind the mixture.
- If want add 1-2 tblsp of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Sprinkle the mixture onto the oil and keep the flame medium.
- Take out from oil once it turns golden brown and the oil sound subsides.
- Drain in the kitchen towel and repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Enjoy with hot filter coffee or tea. These pakoda will be very crispy even after 2-3 hours if you store in an airtight container.
- Crushed garlic pods can be added to get a garlic flavored pakoda.