This vegetable rice is an easy and ideal one to pack for lunch box . Normally i make this during Monday mornings as it is quite lazy to get back into the normal after a weekend. I think most of us have this Monday blues!!. Vegetable Rice or Vegetable Biryani ( my son calls in this way) how ever you name it, it is one of the simplest one and made in a jiffy too. The best part is no need to grind any ingredients and is a simple one pot meal to have to Sunday Brunch too.
|BASMATI RICE||1 CUP|
|MIXED VEGGIES||1 CUP ( I used carrot,beans and peas)|
|RED CHILI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES(CHOPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|WATER||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|OIL | GHEE||1 TBLSP|
- Wash the rice and soak it in 1 and 1/2 cup water for 20 minutes.
- Chop the veggies finely.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil | ghee and add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Saute for few seconds and add the chopped veggies.
- Now add the red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to it.
- Mix well.
- Now add the soaked rice along with the water and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once done , fluff the rice with a fork .
- Serve with any raitha .I packed the lunch box with cucumber raitha.
- Mint leaves can be added instead of coriander leaves.
- You can add any veggies such as potato, cauliflower etc.
- Even sometimes i add paneer too.
- Frozen veggies can be used if you want to make this more easy.