The word masala milk instantly makes me to remember Hotel Saravana Bhavan chennai as the masala milk served there will be so awesome and we all are a huge fan of it. Here in Saravana bhavan they won’t serve masala milk and when i tried in some other restaurant it tasted very bad. Long time i was thinking to make this but few weeks back i had a sudden craving for masala milk i made it at home following our super enthusiastic blogger Priya's recipe. It turned out so well and thank you priya for the recipe.
|CINNAMOM||A SMALL PIECE|
|PISTACHIOS | CASHEW NUTS||1 TBLSP|
- Soak the saffron strands in 1 tablespoon of warm milk for 10 minutes.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 15 minutes and take out the skin.
- Boil the remaining milk by adding cardamom,( i added 2 pinches of cardamom powder) cinnamon and cloves. Keep the flame low.
- grind the almonds with little milk into a smooth paste.
- After 5 minutes , add the ground almond paste to the milk and the soaked saffron.
- Boil in a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and strain the milk.
- Add sugar and mix well and garnish with pisatchios or cashew nuts or sliced almonds.
- Enjoy hot masala milk.
This version sounded very easy to me and so i tried and posted and this is not the traditional version of masala paal. in restaurants they serve with malai on the top.