Chivda is a low fat snack made with less oil and not a deep fried mixture. Though i already posted South Indian Mixture recipe, i have a few request from readers for a healthy diwali recipe which they can make for their parents | in laws, this poha chivda immediately came to my mind. So if you want to try something healthy this time, make this poha mixture | aval mixture. I learnt this recipe from my friend long back when we met for a evening tea .
|POHA | AVAL||1 CUP|
|ROASTED DAL | POTTUKADALAI||4 TBLSP|
|DRY COCONUT(SLICED)||1 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- In a pan, roast the poha , with 1 tsp of oil ( use thin poha) till it turns golden brown.
- Be careful not to make it burnt.
- Keep it aside. In the same pan add oil and add mustard seeds and slit the green chillies and add to it.
- Powder the sugar in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the roasted gram, peanuts and powdered sugar and salt to this.
- When the peanuts, and dal turns golden brown switch off the flame and mix it to the roasted poha. Mix this nicely with dry hands.
- Store this in a airtight container . Enjoy with hot tea | coffee.
- You can add a few tablespoons of roasted cashew nuts also.
- Few curry leaves can be added while adding the mustard seeds.