Mixed nuts chikki – Mixed nuts brittle – Easy sweet recipe with mixed nuts.
Though mixed nuts chikki is not a recipe that we make for Diwali at our home I have heard from a few of my friends that they make this during Diwali of Holi. This one sounded very easy to me and so I made it with the dry fruits which I had in my hand. Go ahead to make this easily mixed fruits Chikki for this Diwali. Also, check out my
Mixed nuts Chikki
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Few strands saffron
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Dry roast the mixed nuts (I used cashew nuts, badam, and peanuts )in a pan for 2 minutes on a medium flame without getting it burnt.
- Keep it aside and Chop them roughly.
- Before starting with the sugar, grease a piece of butter paper with ghee | butter and grease the rolling pin too.
- In a pan, add sugar and add 2-3 tbsp of water.
- When the sugar starts melting add the saffron. Keep the flame low.
- Add lemon juice to this. The addition of lemon juice is to avoid the crystallization of sugar.
- Saute till the sugar gets caramelised and you see a light golden color.
- Now add the dry roasted mixed nuts to this and give it a quick stir and transfer this to the greased butter paper
- Spread them evenly using the greased rolling pin and when it is warm cut them into desired shapes. You have to just put the lines . After it is completely cool you can break them into pieces according to the marks u made.
- Store them in airtight containers and enjoy these chikkis.
1. Do not add too much lemon juice as it will make the chikkis sour. 2. Do the entire process on low flame. 3. I actually took it a little early as I had a fear that it will get burnt, so the chikkis look pretty pale. 4. You can add pistachio, raisins too in the chikki. 5. I used unsalted de-skinned peanuts.