Thengai burfi | coconut burfi is a very easy and simple sweet made mainly with just two ingredients. If you are opting to make an easy recipe for Coconut burfi just follow this recipe which i tried from Rak’s Kitchen. Will post my version of Thengai burfi later. Check out my complete list of diwali recipes
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Yields: 12- 13 pieces
Coconut grated 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Ghee few drops
Cashew nut few
- In a pan add ghee and roast the cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Add the coconut and sugar to the pan and star cooking in a low flame.
- Star cooking in a low flame and you will see the sugar gets melted and the mixture will slowly start thickening.
- When it comes to a thick mass and starts leaving the pan switch off the flame. Keep a tray greased with ghee.
- Spread this in the greased plate and when it is warm cut them into squares or diamond shapes.
- Coconut burfis are ready.