Thayir vadai | Dahi Vada |Curd vadai recipe is made at most of the homes with leftover Vadais, but my mom always makes Thayir vadai with Freshly made Vadais as we all love curd vadais. Today I am sharing the recipe of how to make South Indian style curd vadai. I couldn’t make a very detailed step wise instructions as how to make vadais. Please follow my Medhu vadai recipe and just omit the onions in the recipe and follow the rest of the procedure. Even the entire procedure for thayir vadai too doesn’t have detailed pictures and will update in future.
I thank all my fellow bloggers for visiting my space and leaving their comments in my absence. We had a fun filled and a wonderful holiday and slowly coming back to routine. See you soon with Pongal festival recipes.
For Medhu Vadai recipe click HERE.
|SCRAPPED COCONUT||4 TBLSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CARROTS(GRATED)||1/2 TBLSP TO GARNISH|
|BOONDI||1 TBLSP(TO GARNISH)|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- After making vadais , allow it to cool. Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan. When the water starts boiling, switch off the flame and dip the vadai one by one in water for 6-8 seconds and take it out. Use a ladle for this as the water will be too hot.Press the vadais gently between your palms to remove the excess water.This process is to make the vadais more soft and to absorb the curd into it.
- Grind the coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds into a fine paste. Use yogurt while grinding instead of water.
- Beat the rest of the yogurt with a hand beater and mix the ground coconut mixture to the yogurt. Add salt. Temper with mustard seeds,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Now add the vadais to this and garnish with boondi, grated carrots, and coriander leaves.
- After adding the coconut mixture if you feel the consistency if thick, add few tblsp of beaten yogurt to this while serving.
- After dipping the vadai in hot water, you can soak it in butter milk to infuse little extra curd to the vadais.
- Never use too sour yogurt to make thayir vadais.