Tortillas are used to make wraps , which i rarely buy from stores. Normally for making wraps or kathi rolls i make the usual Roti | Phulkas and stuff the filling inside and wrap it and send it for kids lunch box. Last week i wanted to try out a tortilla recipe at home and finally made it and i adapted the recipe from here.
As we are shifting the house, this weekend i am totally busy with that and couldn’t follow any other fellow blogger’s posts. Hope to come back to routine in few weeks . I will posting some simple recipes for the next few weeks to keep this space active.
INGREDIENTS: (MAKES 6-7 TORTILLAS)
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR (MAIDA)||1 CUP|
|OLIVE OIL||1 AND 1/2 TBLSP|
- In a wide bowl, add the flour and add olive oil and salt. Knead it into a soft dough using enough water. Do not knead it too stiff. Else the tortillas will be hard.
- Cover and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
[forgot to click pics in this step.]
- After that make equal lemon sized balls and start rolling each into thin rotis.
- Heat a griddle , and when it is hot add the rolled tortilla to this and cook on one side and when you see brown spots flip it over and cook on the other side too.
- Brush it with little olive oil.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Tortillas are ready . Stay tuned for the Paneer wrap recipe in the next post.