Pasta is a most welcoming dish at my home and i generally make it with Home made Sauce and usually pack it for kids lunch box or sometimes for weeknight Dinner too. Usually i make pasta in this way but my kiddos love the pasta in white sauce too. Most of the times i make it either for lunch box or dinner and i couldn’t click the pictures, but two days back i made Penne pasta in White sauce and gave them for evening tiffin after they are back from school. Normally i try to include little bit of veggies in this as they will not fuss eating veggies if i put them in pasta. For Recipe of white sauce pasta click Here. INGREDIENTS (Serves 3 )
|PENNE PASTA||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|WHITE SAUCE||1 CUP|
|MIXED VEGGIES||3/4 CUP|
|OLIVE OIL||1 TBLSP|
|BLACK PEPPER||TO TASTE|
|CAPSICUM (CHOPPED)||1 TBLSP|
|PARMESAN CHEESE||1 TBLSP(FOR GARNISHING)|
- Chop the veggies finely (i used carrot,green peas, corn and broccoli)
- Boil the veggies in little water by adding little salt to this.
- Do not over cook, let the veggies be crunchy.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions by adding salt and few drops of olive oil.
- Drain the water and run the pasta thro cold water.
- In a sauce pan, add oil and add the capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add the veggies to this and saute for few seconds and add the oregano and pepper powder.
- Add the white sauce to this and mix well.
- Let this boil for a minute.
- Add the cooked pasta to this and give it a nice stir gently.
- After 2 minutes switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot by sprinkling little parmesan cheese on the top .( i didn’t have cheese in hand , so i didn’t add)
- You can soak the pasta in water for 10 minutes before cooking which will ensure easy and fast cooking.
- You can veggies of your own choice.
- You can add red chilli flakes to this while serving if you want this little spicy.