Hara bhara kabab
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |yeilds: 11
Spinach | palak 1 cup
Green peas 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves a handful
Green chili 2
Garam masala 1 tsp
Corn flour 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Cornflakes 1/2 cup
Oil for deep frying
Video on how to make hara bhara kabab
- Boil the potato and peel the skin and mash it nicely.
- Blanch the spinach and peas in hot water. Just wash the spinach and immerse in hot water for a few seconds and take it out.
- Drain the water and squeeze the extra water completely.
- I used frozen peas, if using fresh ones, pressure cook the peas and drain the water.
- Squeeze the extra water completely from the peas. If moisture is there it will make the patties loose.
- Grind the coriander and green chilli in a mixer.
- Grind the cornflakes in the mixer into a fine powder.
- Ensure you had drained out the water completely from the spinach and green peas.This step is very important. If extra moisture is there the kebabs will not turn out well. it will break while frying and become soggy.
- Mash the green peas with hands and chop the blanched spinach finely.
- Add this to a wide bowl.
- In a wide bowl, add the mashed potato, blanched peas, spinach,coriander chilli paste ,salt. garam masala, corn flour and add the powdered corn flakes.
- Mix everything together and make it into a dough like mixture.
- Make it into round patties or oblong shape.
- Place a half cashew on the top the kebab.
- Heat the oil for deep frying and when the oil is hot gently place the kebabs into the oil. do not over crown the pan. Fry the kebabs in a medium flame on both sides. Drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Drain the water completely and squeeze out the excess water nicely from the palak and peas.
- Instead of corn flakes you can add bread crumbs.
- Corn flour can be replaced with besan |chickpea flour . Roast it nicely in a low flame for 10 minutes and add to the potato spinach mixture.
- I used plain cornflakes.