Soups are always liked by everyone at home. Last week me and hubby had a bad throat pain and i thought i will make a soup as it will be soothing for the throat. I have few left over veggies , so i wanted to make a mixed vegetable soup. Long back i remember trying out a Vegetable soup recipe from Tarla dalal’s book, by adding little Oats to the soup. The vegetable soup turned out quite well and even kids too loved it. It was quite filling too as it is loaded with veggies. Try out this easy and healthy Vegetable Soup.
|MIXED VEGETABLES*||1 CUP|
|WATER |VEGETABLE STOCK||4 CUPS|
|OIL | BUTTER||1/4 TSP|
- Peel the skin of the garlic and chop it finely.
- Chop the veggies finely.
- In a deep pan, add oil or butter and add the garlic. Saute for few minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped veggies and saute for a minute.
- Add the water or vegetable stock . Add the oats too.
- Let this cook for 10 minutes till the vegetables become tender.
- Just reserve 2 tblsp of cooked veggies to add in the last. ( this step is optional only)
- Allow this to cool and blend it smoothly in a blender. Reserve the water and add it to the soup later. while blending blend only the veggies.
- Add the blend veggie mix and the reserved water and boil it for 5- 10 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the reserved veggie if you have .
- Serve hot. We had with home garlic bread .
- Oats can be replaced with yellow moong dal.
- Add any veggies of your choice.