Mochai sundal is one among the sundal which my amma makes during navaratri and this mochai she rarely cooks and to be more precise she cooks only during navaratri for sundal only. I use this for making Kara kuzhambhu and sometimes in Vathakuzhambhu too. I just made this mochai sundal with the similar spice mix which have used for KALYANA RASAM, omitting the pepper and jeera. A very Happy navaratri to all of you.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
|TOOR DAL||1 TBLSP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS | DHANIYA||1/2 TSP|
|ASAFOETIDA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT OIL||FEW DROPS(OPTIONAL)|
- Soak the mochai for 10 to 12 hours or overnight.
- Dry roast the toor dal, curry leaves, coriander seeds and red chilli .
- Allow this to cool and grind this into a fine powder.
- Pressure cook the mochai till 3-4 whistles by adding salt and asafoetida.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds. Add the cooked mochai to this.
- Add 1-2 tblsp of the ground powder to this. Mix well and add the grated coconut.
- Switch off the flame and drizzle with coconut oil (if adding)
- Mochai sundal is ready for neivedyam.