PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES MAKES:20-22 COOKIES
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|BAKING SODA||1/4 TSP|
|CASHEW NUTS||2 TBLSP(FINELY CHOPPED)|
|BADAM| PISTA||FOR GARNISHING|
- In a wide bowl add the flour,baking soda and cardamom and mix well. Add the finely chopped cashew nuts to this and mix well.
- In another bowl, powder the sugar and add the ghee to this and beat this well for 5 minutes till it becomes creamy.
- Add this sugar and ghee mixture slowly to the flour and knead it into a smooth dough.
- Leave the dough covered for 30 minutes.
- Make small cookies and garnish with pista or almond in the center.
- I used badam.
- Pre heat the oven at 160 degree C for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the cookies in the baking tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- These cookies need not turn golden brown. Even if u feel they are soft when hot, after u completely cool them it will become crisp.
- Cool them in a wire rack.
- Be careful not to get it burnt. Even if you see cracks it is fine , no need to worry.
- Even if you want to try out a cake for Diwali i have posted an Eggless Mawa(khoya) cake which i posted long back. Click the picture for recipe
- These nan khatais melted in mouth and we all enjoyed it.