|GREEN PEAS (DRIED)||1/2 CUP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||2-3 SPRIGS|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT (SCRAPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|COCONUT OIL||FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)|
- Soak the green peas|pattani in water for 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Pressure cook this with 1 cup water till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Drain the water. You can add salt while cooking the pattani.
- Take out the skin if any comes out.
- Grind the coriander leaves, curry leaves,ginger, green chilli and coconut into a coarse paste without adding water to this.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and urad dal. When it cracklesand the dal turns golden brown, add the cooked green peas.
- Mix well and add the ground green mixture.
- Mix well and switch off the flame in a minute.
- Drizzle some coconut oil.
- Pattani sundal is ready for neivedhyam.