PREPARATION TIME : 25 MINUTES . COOKING TIME:15 MINUTES YIELDS: APPROX 1 AND 1/2 CUP
|MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|AJWAIN | OMAM||1/8 TSP|
|BUTTER | GHEE||1/2 TBLSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- In a wide bowl, add the flour and add in all the the ingredients except oil for deep frying.
- Knead it into a stiff yet smooth dough without any cracks.
- Cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take out a portion of dough and roll it into thin chapathis.
- You can dust with the flour while rolling. Use maida for dusting.
- With a sharp knife cut the rolled roti into diamonds. I used the pizza cutter.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. when the oil is hot, carefully take out the diamond cuts and place it in the oil.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel and repeat the same process for the rest of the dough too.
- You can crush 2 garlic pods in a mortar and pestle and add to the dough to get a nice garlicky flavour.