Shankarpalli recipe i tried during Diwali , but due to lot of posts which i posted during diwali time, i couldn’t post this recipe of shankarpalli. So i am posting this finally for Christmas.Though i wanted to bake something couldn’t do , as i was running out of time. I adapted the recipe from here but i followed my own way of making it. Wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and will see you all soon with interesting recipes. Check out my
INGREDIENTS:(yields approx 1 and 1/2 cups)
|MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|RAVA | SEMOLINA| SOOJI||1/4 CUP|
|GHEE(MELTED)|CLARIFIED BUTTER||1/4 CUP|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY|
|WATER||TO KNEAD THE DOUGH|
- Powder the sugar in a mixer.
- In a wide bowl add the maida, rava,powdered sugar , ghee and salt. Knead it into a stiff dough . You can add little water while kneading.
- Cover this and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- After 1/2 an hour, take out a small ball of dough and roll it into a thick circle.
- Shankarpallis should be slightly thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife cut it into diamonds.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Fry these diamonds in a medium low flame till they become golden brown.
- Be careful as they become burnt soon.
- Repeat this for the rest of the dough. Drain the fried one in a kitchen towel and after some time store this in a airtight container.
- You can make syrup with sugar and add it to the flour mix instead of adding water.
- Fry in medium low flame. Be careful while frying as this will get burnt fast.
perfect foe snacks…will eat this full.
perfect snack Jey
Lovely snacks for tea time. looks great!!
so nice and ate it in my childhood days… don't know the name…nice post
wow u make me drooling now… one of my favorite…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
very delicious and very festive snack!!!
Ongoing Event – Let's Party – Eggless Bakes and Treats
Ongoing Event – SYF & HWS – Ginger
cute bowls dear.. delicious snack..
love 2 munch this anytime..looks nice
Very perfectly done Jeyashri..
Very crispy snack love this cutie diamond cuts!!!
Today's Special – Vegan Steamed Cardamom n Nuts Cake
Nice munchy snack, well done
feel like munching now with tea. I love this more in mixtures than alone 🙂
yummy delight…Join me in Fast Food Event – Poha in my blog.
i ve tried this.. awesome nice textture n taste. i love it. i liked ur presentation
Can munch it anytime…looks so good!
Nice snack .. Can we make this with Wheat flour?
I tried once but didnt turn out crispy
Is this bambai lakdi
Yes hema, similar to that
Hi jeyshri! Yummy snack–looks as though I can eat it right off the screen! Can I double the ingredients to make more servings?
Thank you, yes you can double the recipe.