Shankarpalli recipe i tried during Diwali , but due to lot of posts which i posted during diwali time, i couldn’t post this recipe of shankarpalli. So i am posting this finally for Christmas.Though i wanted to bake something couldn’t do , as i was running out of time. I adapted the recipe from here but i followed my own way of making it. Wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and will see you all soon with interesting recipes. Check out my
INGREDIENTS:(yields approx 1 and 1/2 cups)
|MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|RAVA | SEMOLINA| SOOJI||1/4 CUP|
|GHEE(MELTED)|CLARIFIED BUTTER||1/4 CUP|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY|
|WATER||TO KNEAD THE DOUGH|
- Powder the sugar in a mixer.
- In a wide bowl add the maida, rava,powdered sugar , ghee and salt. Knead it into a stiff dough . You can add little water while kneading.
- Cover this and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- After 1/2 an hour, take out a small ball of dough and roll it into a thick circle.
- Shankarpallis should be slightly thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife cut it into diamonds.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Fry these diamonds in a medium low flame till they become golden brown.
- Be careful as they become burnt soon.
- Repeat this for the rest of the dough. Drain the fried one in a kitchen towel and after some time store this in a airtight container.
- You can make syrup with sugar and add it to the flour mix instead of adding water.
- Fry in medium low flame. Be careful while frying as this will get burnt fast.