PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES . COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
|FENNEL SEEDS| SOMBU||3/4 TSP|
|ELACHI | CARDAMOM||2|
- Wash and clean the baby corn.Chop the baby corn into small pieces and pressure cook it by adding 1/2 cup of water and little salt.
- Finely chop the onions and tomato. Keep half of the tomato aside for grinding.
- Grind the green chilli, coconut, garlic pods,fennel seeds(sombu),cashew nuts and tomato.
- In a pan add oil and add the cardamom pods and add the onion and saute it till they turns pink. Add in the half of the finely chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
- Add in the cooked baby corns. Add it along with the water in that.
- Now add in the ground masala and mix well. Let it boil for a minute.
- Add in the milk now and if you find the kurma thick add little more water to reach the right consistency. Boil this for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves or curry leaves.
- Baby corn kurma is ready to serve.
- Sombu can be tempered in the beginning.
- Cashew nuts can be replaced with 2 tsp of pottukadalai |chutney dal.
- You can even replace the baby corn with green peas.