PREPARATION TIME:5 MINUTES .COOKING TIME:10 MINUTES SERVES:1
|PORI | MURMURA|PUFFED RICE||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||FEW DROPS|
- In a wide bowl add the pori and wash it in running water and drain the water immediately.
- Chop the onions finely and cut the carrots too.
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds. Add in the peanuts and onions.
- Add in the carrots and green peas.
- Let the carrots be crunchy. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Saute for a minute in low flame and add in the pori.
- Mix well gently and let this be in a low flame for a minute.
- Switch off the flame . Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
- You can add capsicum , cashew nuts to this upma.
- Always serve this upma hot.
- After washing the pori immediately drain the water.