- In a wide bowl add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sift the flour for even mixing.
- Add the yogurt, warm milk,sugar, salt and oil. Make this into a smooth pliable dough. Add little water if needed.
- Cover it with a clean damp cloth and keep it untouched for 2-3 hours. The original recipe it says, even we can keep this for 5-6 hours. The dough must be fermented after the resting time.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Take one portion and dust with flour and roll it into a round or elongated shape. If adding kalonji seeds, sprinkle little on the top and just roll gently ,so that it will get into the rolled kulcha.
- Heat a tawa and when it is hot, put the rolled kulcha on it and cook on both side in a medium flame until golden brown spots appear.
- Brush with ghee or butter . Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Generally Kulcha is served with