Check out my Tandoori Gobi recipe
- Wash and clean the cauliflower florets. I generally do not blach the cauliflowers which we get here ad it will get mashed while cooking. I wash it twice in hot water.
- You can dip this cauliflower in hot water for 2 minutes and pat dry them completely.
- If the yogurt is not thick put this in a tea strainer and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt, fennel powder, red chilli powder and salt together into a paste. Add food colour,if adding, at this stage.
- Add this masala paste to the cauliflower florets and mix well for even coating. Add this just before frying. Sprinkle the rice flour to this .
- Mix well after adding rice flour. Heat the oil and when it is hot, put the flame to medium and fry in batches.
- Never over crowd the pan.
- Fry till golden brown and drain excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- fry little curry leaves in the last and mix with this.
- Always fry this mixture immediately. Else it will turn soggy. Even if you want to make it later, make the yogurt mixture ready and just mix the rest of the ingredients before and fry.
- Fennel seed powder can be replaced with garam masala too.
- Ginger garlic paste can also be added.
- Chaat masala can also be added.