Baked and Tawa method
Tandoori Gobi is a very easy starter recipe which i recently saw in TV show, but i have never tasted this Tandoori Gobi. Last weekend, i ordered this easy starter recipe in a restaurant . Though we all liked the taste it was very spicy. On the way back, i bought one pack of cauliflower to try this at home following the recipe. I tweaked the recipe slightly, according to my preference.
- Cut the cauliflower florets into big. Put them in hot water and take it out in 2 minutes and drain the water. Hung the yogurt for 15 minutes to take out the excess water. You can also replace yogurt with sour cream too.
- Put the blanched cauliflower in a wide bowl. Roast the besan in a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add to the cauliflower.
- Add the red chilli powder, hund curd, salt, garam masala, cumin seed powder, coriander powder and kasoori methi.
- Mix well and keep it in the refrigerator for marination. Let this sit for 20 minutes.
- If you are baking grease a baking tray with little oil.
- Spread the cauliflower florets in the baking tray and bake for 35 minutes or till they become golden brown. Turn the florets in between.
- I tried it on the tawa method too. Both turned out very well.
- If using the tawa method, add few drops of oil on the pan, preferably a non stick pan.
- place the cauliflower florets on the tawa and slowly roast them till they turn golden brown. Turn the florets in between to get even browning.
- Always keep the flame low, else the florets will get burnt.
- Sprinkle chaat masala just before serving.
- You can replace yogurt with sour cream available in the super market.
- You can also add tandoori masala for marination.
- This can be done in microwave too. Keep the marinated florets on a microwave safe bowl and cook till golden brown.