- In a pan add ghee and roast the cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Keep it aside and in the same pan add the sooji|rava and roast it in a low flame without changing the colour.
- Add milk to this now and slowly cook this in a low flame without getting lumps.
- Stir it in between so that it will not get burnt.
- Add condensed milk to this and mix well. Add sugar and mix well. Boil for a minute and switch it off.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts and cardamom powder to this and serve.
- This kheer tends to be thick after it is cooled. So let the consistency be thin.
- Do not add more rava than the quantity mentioned. Else it will be like a halwa only.
- Adding condensed milk is totally optional. I wanted a creamy texture as i feel else this payasam will be like a baby porridge.