Macaroni | pasta payasam is a simple kheer and quite a unique one too. The method of making this payasam is almost similar to the semiya kheer, but pasta | macaroni will definitely an interesting dessert. You can make this kheer with shell pasta or any other small variety of pasta. Try out this simple payasam|kheer and wish all my readers Eid Mubarak
- Soak the macaroni in water for 15 minutes.
- In a wide pan add milk . Boil the milk for 10 minutes.
- Drain water from macaroni and to the milk.
- Soak saffron in the 1 tblsp of warm milk and keep aside.
- Let the macaroni get cooked in the milk and at the same time the milk will also reduce it volume. Keep the flame low. Add condensed milk.
- Add the saffron soaked milk and roast the cashew nuts in ghee and add to the pasta milk mixture. Add cardamom powder if using.
- If adding sugar add in the last and mix well.
- This kheer tends to thicken more when cools down.
- So do not add pasta above the quantity mentioned.
- Adding condensed milk gives creamy texture to the kheer.
- You can chill this overnight and serve it as a pudding the next day.