Aval ladoo | poha ladoo is a easy sweet recipe, which you can try for this Janmasthami |Gokulashtami. I wanted to post this recipe of aval ladoo last year too, but somehow it didn’t come out well. This time i realised where i went wrong, and again tried it. It was super easy recipe to make and for working women, who are running short of time , can make this in a jiffy and offer for neivedhyam.
- Roast cashew nuts in 1 tsp of oil till golden brown. Keep this aside.
- Take out the dust or stones if any from the poha.
- In a separate pan roast the poha . Dry roast the poha.
- Roast in a low flame till it becomes crispy.
- Powder this finely and put this in a wide pan. Add the powdered sugar and roasted cashew nuts to this. Add the cardamom powder.
- Melt the ghee in the pan for a minute. The ghee should be hot.
- Add this to the sugar+poha+cashew mixture. Mix well with a spoon.
- When this mixture is warm, take small portion of the mixture in hand and start making balls. This yielded 10 ladoos plus one small ladoo too.
- Ladoos are ready for neivedhyam.
- Never roast the poha in ghee. Always dy roast it. Else it will become soggy and can’t make ladoos.
- Sugar you can reduce 1 or 2 tblsp.
- If you feel the mixture is too dry to make ladoo, add few drops of melted ghee and make ladoos.
- some people many add few drops of milk, but this will reduce the shelf life.
- These ladoos stay nice for a week in room temperature in a airtight container.
- Handle with clean hands.