Check out my Chocolate burfi
In a pan combine the paneer, milk powder and condensed milk and mix it evenly without any lumps.
- Cook the mixture in medium low flame for 10 minutes and add in the cocoa powder.
- Initially when i made it i don't know how much time it will take, so i added cocoa powder after 5 minutes. Cooking will cocoa powder for a long time will give slightly bitter taste to the kalakand.
- So add it towards the end .
- Stir well till it comes to a whole mass leaving the sides. This will come quickly.
- Grease a plate with butter or ghee.
- Transfer this to the greased plate and allow this to cool. Keep it in a refrigerator for 2 hours. Cut this into cubes with a sharp greased knife.
- If needed you can garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios.
- You can use Home made paneer too.
- Do not cocoa powder more than the quantity mentioned.
- The kalakands will not be firm as other burfis . It will be soft and chewy.