Check out other murukku recipes
- Combine the rice flour, toor dal flour(just powder in this mixie, no need to roast),urad dal flour, red chilli powder,salt, cumin seeds, butter and hot oil.
- Add little water to this to make this into a smooth dough.
Heat oil. Using the thenkuzhal achu in a murukku press sqeeze out the murukkus in hot oil.
If you are not used to directly squeezing in hot oil, you can squeeze in a ladle an flip it to the oil.
Fry till the oil sound subsides. Take it out from the oil and drain in a kitchen towel.
Repeat this for rest of the dough.
Store this crispy thenkuzhal in an airtight box. Perfect munch with tea/coffee.
- Always fry the murukku on medium heat, if it is too high murukku will turn redish fast and spoil the taste.
- If fried in very low flame, makes the murukku soggy and will drink oil.
- If by any chance you don't get toor dal flour, try replacing moong dal flour. Will taste very nice too.