Corn and spinach sandwich
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3
Bread slices 8
Sweet corn * 1/2 cup
Spinach 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Grated Cheese 1/4 cup
Butter 1 tsp + to spread on the bread
Maida | all purpose flour 2 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Red chili flakes to taste
Oregano | pepper to taste
Oil 1 tsp
* I cooked the corn in pressure cooker and took the kernels out. If you are using frozen corn, just thaw it for 10 minutes and use.
- In a pan add oil and add the corn kernels and saute for a minute, add the spinach to this and cook for a minute. Add salt, red chili flakes , oregano or pepper powder to taste.
- Cook for a minute and put off the flame.
- In the same pan, add butter and add int the maida flour also. Saute in a low flame till the butter and the flour gets nicely incorporated.
- Add the milk and cook it in a low flame without getting any lumps.
- It will take 2 minutes for you to get a nice paste. Put off the flame and add it to the cooked corn and spinach mixture.
- Add the cheese to this and mix well.
- You can either do in the tawa or in the sandwich grill too.
- Spread butter on the bread and spread the filling in one side of the bread. Top it with another bread and cook in a sandwich maker or tawa till the top portions become nice golden brown.
- If you want you can serve them by cutting this into triangles.
- Serve this hot .
- Instead of oregano and red chili flakes you can add finely chopped green chili and chaat masala too.
- You can skip the step of adding the maida white sauce too. Just cook the corn and spinach and add the grated cheese and go ahead.
- If the top portions need to browned nicely add butter nicely.