Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Jeera| Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder | jeera powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala 2 pinches
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and potatoes into cubes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and throw in the cumin seeds. Add in the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
- Add the cubed potatoes.
- Add in the red chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Pressure cook till 3 whistles.
- Aloo tamatar is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- If it is too thick you can add little water and bring it to boil.
- If you find this is bit thin, mash few potatoes and bring it to boil.
- If you want to make it a onion garlic version, add ginger garlic paste after adding cumin seeds.
- Finely chopped onions can be added before adding tomatoes.