Potato Kurma is an easy and delicious side dish. I have given this recipe in Aval Vikatan supplement in August 2014. This can be had with poori, chapathi and also for biryanis too. I want to post all the recipes i have posted in the supplement books so far, here. Since many of my non tamil readers are asking me to post them, i will be posting them here one by one every week. This restaurant syle potato kurma recipe is a must one to try, also potatoes can be replaced by mixed vegetables too.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Green chili 1
Coconut grated 1 tblsp
Cashew nuts 4-5
Salt to taste
Kalpaasi | stone flower a small piece
Bay leaf 1
Corinader leaves few
- In a pan add oil and add the roughly chopped onion and tomato, add in the green chili.
- Once it is cool add the coconut and cashew and grind this into a fine paste.
- Chop the other onion into long thin slices. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and add the bay leaf and stone flower(kalpaasi)
- Add in the sliced onions.
- When the onions turn translucent add the potatoes. Saute for a minute.
- Add in the ground paste.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt. Cover the cooker with lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- If the gravy is too thin mash 2 potatoes and give it a boil.
- If it is thick add little water and bring it to boil.
- Instead of tomato, you can add 2 tblsp of thick yogurt too. If adding yogurt add while adding the ground paste.
- Stone flower|kalpaasi brings out the true flavour of restaurant style kurma.
Lovely colour Super.
lovely clicks Jey.. Super yummy and simple kurma
Easy and tasty kurma
Simple to make.But very very yummy.