Check out my other kurma recipes:
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Green chili 1
Coconut grated 1 tblsp
Cashew nuts 4-5
Salt to taste
Kalpaasi | stone flower a small piece
Bay leaf 1
Corinader leaves few
- In a pan add oil and add the roughly chopped onion and tomato, add in the green chili.
- Once it is cool add the coconut and cashew and grind this into a fine paste.
- Chop the other onion into long thin slices. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and add the bay leaf and stone flower(kalpaasi)
- Add in the sliced onions.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt. Cover the cooker with lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- If the gravy is too thin mash 2 potatoes and give it a boil.
- If it is thick add little water and bring it to boil.
- Instead of tomato, you can add 2 tblsp of thick yogurt too. If adding yogurt add while adding the ground paste.
- Stone flower|kalpaasi brings out the true flavour of restaurant style kurma.