Check out my other lemon based summer coolers
Basil lemonade recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 2
Lemon juice 1 tblsp
Salt a pinch
Honey 3 tblsp (or little more)
Basil leaves 5-6
Water 2 cups + few ice cubes
- In a mixer grind the lemon juice, basil leaves, salt and honey.
- Grind into a paste.
- Sieve it and add 2 cups of water.
- Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
- Garnish with few basil leaves while serving.
- You can use holy basil(Tulsi) or thai basil too.
- Mint leaves can be replaced with basil leaves. Even i have tried with curry leaves too.
- Adjust the sweetness by adding little more honey or some sugar.
- Plain soda can be added if you want.
- Do not store it for a long time after it is made. It will lose it's freshness.