Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 5 Mins |Serves: 3
Green chili 1/2
Ginger a small piece
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Yogurt 1 and 1/2 cup
Water 1 cup
Chaat masala 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
- Chop the beetroot into cubes and cook in little water for 5 minutes. You can skip this step and straight away proceed to grind the ingredients.
- You can roast the beetroot in the oven too.
- Allow this to completely cool. No need to drain the water.
- Grind the beetroot, yogurt, green chili,ginger,cumin seeds along with salt.
- Grind into a smooth paste.
- You can straight away serve this but i wanted to filter it.
- Filter the chaas and add chaat masala to this.
- Add 1 cup of water to bring it to a right consistency.
- Serve chilled.
- You can temper the chaas with mustard seeds and hing as we do for south Indian neer mor.
- Roasted cumin powder can be added in the last while serving.
- You can also add few mint leaves or coriander leaves while grinding.