Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Besan | kadalai maavu 2 tbslp
Water 3 cups
Green chili 1
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Curry leaves few
- Chop the onions into round and tomatoes finely.
- In a bowl,add the besan, turmeric powder,salt and red chili powder.
- Add water and mix it nicely without any lumps.
- Use a hand whisk, will give better results.
- Heat a pan and pour oil to it.
- Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add the green chili and onions .
- Saute till it turns pink.
- Add the tomatoes and saute well till tomatoes becomes mushy.
- Now add the besan mixture to it.
- Keep the flame very low, otherwise it will form lumps.
- Stir it nicely for till it gets cooked.
- The besan will get cooked in 3-5 mins.
- Add curry leaves and serve hot with idli/dosa.
NOTE: The chutney should always be served hot, otherwise it will become thick and lose its original taste.