Appam is a compulsory one we make for Karthigai deepam. Though i have already posted the recipes of wheat flour appam and nei appam i wanted to this recipe of rava appam |sooji appam which is generally deep fried but i didn’t do that and made in the paniyaram pan itself. This rava paniyaram stayed soft even after few hours . Let me share the recipe of rava appam. PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES. MAKES:12 INGREDIENTS:
|RAVA | SOOJI||1/2 CUP|
|BAKING SODA||A PINCH|
|RICE FLOUR||1/4 CUP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
|COCONUT (GRATED)||2 TBLSP|
- Soak the rava in little water for 1hour.
- Drain the water and add jaggery to this and grind this in the mixer.
- Add the rice flour,cardamon powder, cooking soda, coconut and mix well.
- If adding banana add mash it and add at this stage.I didn’t add banana.
- Heat a paniyaram pan and spoon in the batter by adding ghee in the pan.
- Cook on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- Appams are ready for neivedhyam.
- No need to roast the rava.
- You can replace maida instead of rice flour.