BASIL WALNUT PESTO
Whenever i make pasta i make with the usual tomato sauce or with the white sauce. Few months ago, i have tasted basil walnut pesto pasta in a friend’s place. Long time i have been thinking to make this but some how i have never come across Basil leaves when i visit the local super market. They say it be available after 11 am and gets immediately sold off too. Last week when i visited a cold storage here, i saw a fresh box of basil leaves. I picked it up and after coming home called my friend and noted down the recipe. This basil walnut pesto is a easy one to make and i loved the fresh smell of basil too.
|BASIL LEAVES||1/2 CUP (TIGHTLY PACKED)|
|OLIVE OIL||2 TBLSP|
- Wash the basil leaves and pat dry them. Keep aside 3-4 leaves for making the pesto pasta.
- Grind the leaves along with rest of the ingredients into a fine paste.( basil leaves, salt,green chilli,cheese,walnut and olive oil)
- With clean dry hands or spoon transfer it to a container and use it up within 3 days. Basil walnut pesto is ready.
Stay tuned for the Basil pesto pasta recipe. Coming up tomorrow.
- I used parmesan cheese. You can use any variety of cheese.
- Blanched almonds can be used instead of walnuts.
- I added 2 green chilies and find the recipe spicy .
Technorati Tags: basil pesto pasta,walnut pesto,how to make basil walnut pesto,pesto recipes
Yummy and tempting color of the pesto…Love it with spaghetti…
Nice green color you've got 🙂 I have tried with pine nuts and it turned out yummy!! Have enjoyed walnut pesto at Italian restaurant at vivo city and I still remember the taste!!! Yum!!
Very beautiful captures!!
Scrumptious!!!!!!!!!! Good one….
ya..i have also never come across basil leaves..but heard its available at giants…love the click..looks so good and the nice bowl too!!
Love that bright green colour..love to have with some pasta..yumm
love this pesto.. nice pic
interesting and yummy pesto
Yummy & healthy pesto it is, I usually add garlic instead of green chilly 🙂 Nice clicks !!
i have used the spinanch for pesto 🙂 never tasted this basil leaves !!! so i am sure it would have tasted good !
delicious pesto sauce.
Wow nice recipe…
awesome !!! drooling!!!
yummyy.. grt in pasta..
Walnut with basil is a good blend.
Looks and sounds healthy…nice pesto recipe
Dear jeyasri i have been watching your recipes and trying some of them. Your eggless cake recipes are a hit with my ppl. Thanks a lot. The basil which you have mentioned here is it thulasi?