Bournvita burfi recipe | Bournvita barfi Easy burfi recipes in 20 minutes with besan, bournvita, sugar, ghee and oil as main ingredients. Bournvita burfi recipe with full video and step-by-step instructions.
We make many varieties of burfis for Diwali. I have posted the popular 7 cup burfi, besan burfi, and coconut burfi recipes in Jeyashris kitchen. Bournvita burfi is the one I have been getting requests for every year from readers. This time I kept that on my Diwali list. I adapted my Karupatti Mysore pak recipe and followed a similar method for making this bournvita burfi.
The burfi got ready in 20 minutes. This is such an easy recipe, basically made using my Soft Mysore pak recipe. The one-string consistency is the key to this recipe. Once you arrive at it, soft, smooth, melt-in-mouth Bournvita burfis are ready.
In most of the sweet shops in Tamilnadu, Bourvita burfi and Horlicks burfi are more popular ones. Even this is served at weddings too. But many use maida for this bufis.
Check out the notes section for more tips.
Also check out my complete collection of Diwali sweets recipes.
Bournvita burfi recipe
- ¾ cup Besan | Gram flour
- ¼ cup Bournvitta
- ½ cup refined oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup Sugar
- Sift the besan and dry roast this for 2 minutes
- Take out and add to a bowl
- Add ¼ cup of bournvita
- You can add milo too.
- Add ½ cup of refined oil and mix well. Alternatively, you can add melted ghee.
- If adding ghee ensure it is not hot, else it will form lumps.
- Add sugar to the pan and add ¼ cup water.
- Let the sugar melts and form one string consistency.
- Now add the besan bournvita mixture.
- Mix well in the sugar syrup.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee into this and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir continuously.
- The mixture will come to a thick idli batter consistency.
- Transfer it to a ghee greased plate.
- Level it evenly.
- Let this sit for 20 minutes.
- Cut them into squares.
- Soft bournvita burfi is ready.