PULAO MADE WITH CHICK PEAS.
A very simplest way of making pulao, which i started making for my daughter when she was 3 years old. She is a big fan of chick peas. Now a days, though i make this once a week for her lunch box, in the morning hurry i never had a chance to take stepwise pictures. Somehow i managed to click this today and here comes the recipe for a Simple and Delicious Channa Pulao.
Also check out my
|BASMATI RICE||1 CUP|
|CHICK PEAS(KABULI CHANNA)||1/2 CUP|
|MINT LEAVES||10-12 LEAVES|
|BIRYANI MASALA||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||FEW TO GARNISH|
- Soak the channa for 6-8 hours
- Wash the rice and soak it in 1 and 1/2 cup of water for 20 minutes.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes finely.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee.
- Add the mint leaves.
- Saute it for few minutes.
- Now add the onions and saute till it turns pink.
- Add the tomato and saute till they becomes mushy.
- Now add the potatoes and fry them for a minute.
- Drain the water from the chickpeas and add it to the onion tomato mix.
- Now add the rice with water.
- Add the biryani masala,turmeric powder ,redchilli powder and salt to this.
- I used SHAN biryani masala. You can use anything of your choice.
- Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook till 3 whistles.
- Mix it gently without mashing the grains.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raitha.