Chana pulao recipe – Easy to make One pot meal recipe – Protein rich- channa pulao recipe – perfect lunch box recipe – Chickpeas pulao
A very simplest way of making pulao, which I started making for my daughter when she was 3 years old. She is a big fan of chickpeas. Nowadays, though I make this once a week for her lunch box, in the morning hurry I never had a chance to take stepwise pictures. Somehow I managed to click this today and here comes the recipe for a Simple and Delicious Channa Pulao.
Also check out my
Chana pulao recipe
- Wash and soak the chana overnight or for 7 hours.
- Wash the basmati rice and soak in 1 and ¼ cup of water for 15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and ghee.
- Add thinly sliced onion.
- Saute this till it becomes translucent.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add in the red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and biryani masala | garam masala.
- Mix well and saute till the tomato becomes soft.
- Now add the soaked rice along with the water.
- Drain water from soaked chana and add it.
- Mix well.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook this for 2 whistles.
- Keep it in a lowest flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the stove.
- Once the pressure is released naturally, open the cooker.
- Chana pulao is ready.
- Fluff the rice and serve with any raita of your choice.
- You can add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste after sauteeing the onions.