Once in a while when we all friends meet for a weekday lunch, we just pool at any one of the friend’s house with the items which we cooked on that day and will have fun and of course over eating also. One among our friends, makes varieties of podis | powders and always keeps good stock of them and many times she will pack and send those powders on the day she makes it. I asked her the recipe of Chutney podi, which is made with simple 3 ingredients. It is very easy and handy to carry on days when you travel for a holiday,where you can get rice and yogurt and mix with this podi and can have with chips. So ladies out there even if you are going to your mom’s place for vacation, make chutney podi and keep this for your hubby. So here is the recipe for the easy chutney podi . INGREDIENTS: (GIVES 1 AND 1/4 CUP PODI)
|POTTUKADALAI |CHUTNEY DAL | ROASTED GRAM||1/2 CUP|
|KOPARAI |DRY COCONUT||1/4 CUP (GRATED)|
- In a pan, add oil and saute the red chilli till it turns brown.
- Switch off the flame. Put the chutney dal podi and koprai in the same pan. No need to roast. Let this sit in the hot pan for some time.
- When it is cool grind this into a fine powder along with salt.
- Your chutney podi is done. Enjoy with hot rice smeared with sesame oil and roasted papad as accompaniment.
- You can add 1-2 garlic pods while grinding to enhance the taste.
- the pottukadakai and kopra are slightly on the sweeter side , so do not lessen the red chillies.
- This podi was not spicy, you can even add more red chilli too.
- You can store it in cool dry place for 2 weeks and handle always with clean dry spoon.