Cornflakes mixture is a healthy one and not a deep fried one too. If you want the recipe of Traditional South Indian mixture please click Here. This corn flakes mixture is not deep fried and if you want to have a healthy snack, you can try this out for diwali. If you have a diabetic elders at home surprise them with this cornflakes mixture this diwali. Apart from diwali snack you can make this as a tea time snack too. This cornflakes mixture can be made in 10 minutes. Check out my Poha | aval mixture
PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES .COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES .YIELDS: 1 CUP
|ROASTED GRAM|POTTUKADALAI||1/4 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||3/4 TSP|
|CHAAT MASALA||1/4 TSP(OPTIONAL)|
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
- Let the curry leaves become crunchy. roast in a low flame. Add in the roasted gram, Saute till it becomes golden brown.
- I added store bought roasted peanuts. If adding raw peanuts, saute for few minutes.
- After roasting peanuts add the red chilli powder, salt, chaat masala and sugar. Saute for a minute and add in the corn flakes.
- Let this roast in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Corn flakes mixture is ready.
- Store this in an airtight container. This will stay crispy for a week.
- *I used Kellogg’s cornflakes.