Aloo bhujia is an easy and quick snack which you can try it at home for this Diwali. For a change to the usual omapodi we make this Aloo bhujia is definitely a hit among your family for sure. Without much write up let me move on the recipe of Aloo bhujia. PREPATION TIME:30 MINUTES . COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES .MAKES: 2 CUPS INGREDIENTS:
|POTATO | ALOO||2|
|BESAN |KADALAI MAAVU||1 CUP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Boil the potatoes or pressure cook till it becomes soft.
- When cool peel the skin and very nicely mash it without any lumps.
- In a wide bowl, add besan, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and lemon juice. I grated the potato but it got struck while pressing in oil. so nicely mash it without lumps.
- Mix it well. Sprinkle little water and knead this into a pliable dough. do not worry if it is sticky.
- Using the Omapodi | Sev achu put the dough inside the murukku presser, and start squeezing in hot oil.
- This gets cooked very fast, so take it out as soon as it is done. the sizzle sound will subside once it is cooked.
- Be careful not to get it too brown.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Since potato gives a soft texture , no need to add oil or butter to the dough.
- Adjust red chilli powder according to the taste.
- Chaat masala can be added to the dough while making.