Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Makes: 2 cups
Carrots 4 (small size)
Milk 3/4 cup
Sugar 4-5 tblsp
Cardamom powder | Everest Milk masala 1 tsp
Milk powder 3 tblsp (optional)
Almonds few (for garnishing)
Ghee 1 tsp
- Peel the skin of the carrots and if you want you can grate this in a small grater. I just roughly chopped them and pulsed it it in the mixer. I have had gajar halwa in a friend’s place in this style.
- Add milk and ghee and put it inside the microwave safe bowl. Microwave high for 5 minutes by stirring in between.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. I added the Everest Milk masala.
- Mix well and microwave medium high for 5 minutes stirring in between.
- The milk will be absorbed by now and the halwa is now ready. If the milk is still not absorbed you can keep in the microwave for 3-4 minutes more.
- Microwave timings depends on oven to oven.
- Always stir in between so as not to get the halwa burnt while cooking.
- If adding condensed milk reduce the quantity of milk to 1/2 cup and add the condensed milk while adding the cardamom powder or milk masala.
- For this quantity 1/4 cup of condensed milk . No need to add sugar , if needed add 1-2 tbslp.