Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 3
Alphonso mango 1 small
Sugar 3-4 tblsp
Ginger a small piece (optional)
Lemon juice 1 tblsp
Water 3 cups
Ice cubes few
Video of how to make mango lemonade
- Peel the skin of the alphonso mango and take out the pulp. It came out 3/4 cup of mango pulp.
- Grind the mango, ginger and sugar into a fine paste. Add little water while grinding.
- After grinding transfer it to a wide bowl. Add 3 cups of water and few ice cubes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Mix well using a whisk.
- Sieve it to get rid of the fibre from the ginger or mango if any.
- Mango lemonade is ready.
- Serve chilled.
- Instead of lemon juice you can add 1/2 cup of orange juice too.
- If you do not want ginger skip it, but i highly recommend ginger as it was so refreshing.
- You can replace sugar with honey.
- You can garnish with few mint leaves for an additional flavour too.
- I used alphonso mangoes for the mango lemonade, you use any variety of rip mango available in your place.