Summer has started and many parts of India it is in peak. To beat the heat, we need to hydrate ourself with loads of water, cucumber and fresh fruits. Buttermilk | Neer mor is a best summer cooler and to make it more tasty i have already posted Neermor and Masala chaas recipe here. Last month when i went to India, my sister after making morkootu with vazhaithandu, made this vazhaithandu mor for all of us. We had this after a heavy breakfast, and it tasted very nice. Later after coming back here, i tried this few times and i can say i am addicted to this. You could never know that Vazhaithandu is added in this butter milk. Enjoy summer with this healthy drink.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 2-3
Vazhaithandu 1/4 cup (chopped)
Green chili a very small portion
Yogurt |curd 1/2cup
Water 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup
Ginger a small piece
Curry leaves few
Oil few drops
Asafoetida | hing a pinch
- Grind the chopped vazhaithandu | banana stem along with green chili, ginger and curry leaves in a mixer. Add little water while grinding.
- Churn the yogurt | curd and add enough water.
- Filter this using a strainer. Add little water while filtering this. Discard the fiber and add the vazhai thandu juice to the churned butter milk.
- Temper mustard seeds and asafoetida in little oil and add this to the churned butter milk.
- Chil this in the refrigerator and consume this when ever you want.
- I will post more interesting butter milk recipes in the following weeks.
- Do not add more green chili as it will make it spicy.
- Add little coriander leaves if you want.